Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Hewp Daddy Dishes"

We have been without a working dishwasher for more than a year now. Quite frankly, I am tired of washing the dishes. I am tired of having counters with drying dishes, sinks full of dirty dishes, and the time it takes every day to stand at the sink and keep up with the dirty dishes. In recent weeks, Sam has stepped in a little more to help with the dish load at our house. After I make a meal, I am just too tired to tackle all of the dishes by myself.

A couple of times, Sam took over the sink and invited David to help him. David thought it was the best thing EVER! At least the best thing since sliced cheese. So on the way home from picking up Daddy from work, David would start making his demands known from the back seat: "Hewp Daddy Disses." Who am I to get in the way of such a request? David was hooked, Daddy was roped in, and I, well I was off the hook.
 See that eager face? (David's, not Daddy's. About this time, Daddy was wondering why he ever invited David to the splash . . . I mean the dishes party.)
Gotta keep the water stirred up. It's all part of the fun.
See the suds on his head? That about sums up the whole experience.
It's a party that David didn't want to miss.

No comments: