I waffle back and forth on whether or not Valentine's Day means anything to me. When I was growing up, my dad would leave a card on the hearth for mom--with a sticky note inside that said "Happy Valentine's Day 1994." Then he would take the note off and reuse the same card the next year. Of course all of this was in jest for a holiday called a "Hallmark holiday" at our house.
The other side of me says, "Hey, if it's a day to share love and feel loved, then I'm on board." So I think I'll eventually establish all kinds of fun traditions with our family. Our first year married, I prepared a heart-shaped pizza picnic on the floor of our college apartment. So I can make it fun if I plan something.
This year we ended Valentine's Day with a family night around decorating cookies.
David seemed to like it.
Next year I'll ramp it up a bit and serve red food or heart shaped pancakes to my family.
1 comment:
I'm pretty sure you made a believer of heart-day out of him...look at that face!
Post a Comment