Our friends Mark and Lauren Hamm invited us over to make gingerbread houses for family night. Lauren proved she is the "hostess with the mostess" by offering to bake the gingerbread. I told her my secret of glue gunning the house for structural support, just in case she got in a pinch in trying to build them. You just cover the glue with candy and frosting. It's a great little secret--no one ever knows.
David's sweet tooth is emerging a little more lately--but he still put more candy on the house than he put into his mouth.
Daddy and David worked on the house while I worked on a candy train.
This is the final display that graced our home--the gingerbread smelled wonderful, and the candy inspired David to be more of a climber. We combined my candy train with the house that Daddy and David decorated onto the same board, and it complimented each other very nicely. 
This is one of my favorite traditions from when I was young, so I was more than excited to accept the Hamms' invitation! It's a tradition that I hadn't started yet in our own little family--but now it is here to stay!
1 comment:
I love the candy train! That is too cute!
Post a Comment