Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bean Blanket

Now that cooler weather is upon us, we are busy with lots of things that don't necessarily involve being outside. We will go outside occasionally, but the daily ventures outdoors have slowed down. This prompted me to pull out a few activity ideas that I have squirreled away for the change in season.




David loves his bean blanket! He buries treasure, measures and dumps, runs his hands through it--and when a few come off the blanket, we pause for "meen-uh" (cleanup).

We received old beans from someone else's food storage. I labeled them and put them in my food storage, but when I received them they were still in the burlap sack with an unkown purchase date. It was from an older couple (in their 90's) that was moving out of state--so truly, these beans could have been several years old. I decided they would serve us better as an activity than as a food source.

David approves.

3 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

And yay for that corny jean blanket! :) Such a cute idea with the beans...I bet he's in heaven!

Alvin said...

great idea...I'll think we'll try it with Miles. I think he'd love it. Looks like things are going well huh? It's been fun to see what you guys have been up to.

Emily said...

Oh, he is a very cute boy! Love that last picture of him standing in the middle of the beans. Nathan plays with beans quite often while Heidi does her preschool activities...usually sorting them in a cupcake tin. I will have to try this clever blanket idea. I think he would be thrilled especially with the shovel and truck!