Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yellow

Do you know the color scheme to describe personality traits?
Someone described it to me like this:
If a house caught fire, then:
the blue person would run inside to save people.
the red person would direct traffic around it.
the white person would stand back as a witness.
the yellow person would be roasting marshmallows.

This seems a little heartless on the yellow person's part--but I think it emphasizes that a yellow personality can find the fun and games in any situation.

From everything I know about David at 19 months old, I would have to say that he is a yellow personality.

One of these people is not like the other:
A closer look:
Peek . . .
a-boo!
If I remember correctly, it took us a few times to catch on to his game of peek-a-boo.
We were chatting away in the front seat, and he was giggling at himself in the back seat.
Quite the tenacious little playful fellow.
Since we taught David the game of Ring Around the Rosies, he will pull us together for a rousing game or two. But when it comes time to "all fall down," our little guy runs off--evoking a chase.
We have renamed it "Ring around the runaway."

We are glad for the extra bit of yellow that has been added to our family.

2 comments:

Monica said...

In reply to your question on Emily's blog, read the books The Hunger Games. Matt and I just finished them. They are crazy can't put down books. (3 of them, the last just came out). But, the first one is our RS book club this month. There might be a HUGE waiting list at the library, though. If Sam is interested, read them aloud to each other.

Roxie said...

I love this post, Carmin! It is so cute! I'm glad a little yellow has been added to your family, too! =]