Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Zoo Day

We ended the month of July with a trip to the zoo to celebrate this little boy's birthday:
Daddy and David pause for a look at the Musk Ox.
David and Tallis inspect the stream below. . .
. . . and the skies above.
David was a little copycat to whatever the older kids were doing.
I think it stretched him a bit in his abilities, and I was glad to see his confidence in trying new things.
This boy was on the move.
Which meant we were on the move, too.
I was glad for a few puddles along the way . . . summertime, little boys, and puddles make good memories.
Sometimes David seems to dislike messy hands, so a few days prior to this I had shown him how to rub his hands in the grass to remove dirt while we were on a playground. He decided to try out the same idea here . . .
. . . but his hands came up dirtier than they were before.
Here he is with his scrunched nose, saying "yuh-ty yuh-ty" (yucky yucky).
This was our first time to the Anchorage zoo, but now we have an annual pass. David and I will become regulars between story time and music time at the zoo, especially during the winter months when we will need an outing with a warm destination (they hold these events in their greenhouse, I am told).

2 comments:

amy said...

Wow, it sure does look amazing! I so totally want to go hiking with you!

I just thought I would let you know I am still teaching dance, but in AZ now, and last night I taught a class to Sydney Soleburg. I was like, hey, are you related to Cliftons, yes, she is. She has the classic Solburg/Clifton big bright eyes. I could spotted her out as one of your kin immediately! Makes me miss ya though :)

Monica said...

He's so cute....I love him so much.