Saturday, May 8, 2010

Roommates

My sister Capri is living with us this summer and we love having her here! She shares a room with David, and has been good about his midnight jabberings when he sometimes wakes up (unbeknownst to us in the room next door--but I think it's the midnight sun that has interrupted his sound sleep).

David took right to her, and he quickly started pronouncing her name as "Eeeee!" Then one day it turned to "Pah-pri." He stretches and scrunches his whole face when he pronounces those two syllables--and he'll sing her name over and over whether or not she's around to hear it.
At a recent BBQ, she was even willing to keep track of David's hat once he got tired of it. What a good Aunt!
How cute is that! She had this on for the last hour or so of the picnic--and every time I turned around, she was having a serious conversation with an adult while her hat looked like this. I'm not sure how anyone took her seriously--it made me giggle every time I saw it.

2 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

cute cute capri! i'm just not surprised with the hat!

Monica said...

Oh Pritty, that's so cute. I'm pretty sure I would have been giggling right there with ya, Carm if I had turned around and seen this as she carried on conversations.