David was a champ while we traveled to see family. He endured the airplane rides pretty well, the different beds didn't seem to phase him much, and all the new places seemed to bring out in him a confidence in exploring. On our trip David fell in love with outdoors--we found the spring season and David loved being outside in it.
As we made our way through the airports, David stuck his feet straight up in the air and rested them on the tray in front of him. Here is the bird's eye view of his legs--he'd tuck them in any time I went to the front or side of his stroller to capture his silly-ness.
As we pulled into our driveway, I was curious to see if David knew where we were. In spite of it being in the middle of his night, David didn't miss a beat. He immediately clapped and kicked his legs to show his approval of returning home. I'm afraid that life at home with mom during the day isn't nearly as fun without all of those cousins, backyard toys, and new places.
My heart was so glad to see my son be glad that we had returned home. I was happy to see that we are on our way to creating home for our son--where we will always be happy to return to our routine and the normalcy of life. I am glad that for my son, he likes to return to the place that our little family calls home.
No comments:
Post a Comment