Thursday, March 11, 2010

Iditarod 38

Dear Grampa,

I was able to talk mom and dad in to taking me to watch the ceremonial start of the
Iditarod Race 38 here in Anchorage.
It was really fun to watch the dogs come down the trail . . .
 pulling their sleds and mushers.
We bundled up, but it was a perfectly warm winter day at 24 degrees:
It was a great family outing, and only a mile away from where we live!
 I like to watch the dogs that live across the street from me while they play in their yard. So mom and dad thought I would get really excited about these dogs, too. I was mostly speechless--taking it all in as a truly Alaskan experience:
I hope that someday you'll have the chance to see this too.

Love, David

5 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

David, you're such a great writer already! :) What an amazing experience!

Monica said...

Wow, David...what grade are you in? You are brilliant:) I'm so excited you guys got to go watch this...that is SO AWESOME! Did you meet the Seavey family at all? So cool!

Chuck Clifton said...

David, some day we will visit you and you can teach me all about the Iditarod. Keep growing, I want to see if your parents can carry you when you are wearing an adult size snowsuit.

amy said...

Wow you guys are like "true" Alskans now! Now all you have to do is put David on a hockey team and be a hockey mom. (I don't know, I just heard from Sarah Palin that people there are hockey moms). I hope you had a great time!

Roxie said...

Looks like fun, Carmin! Hey, do you know my friends Paul and Calleen Peterson? I know Anchorage is a big place, but they live there too (moved there pretty recently). They also had a post on their blog about Iditarod so it made me wonder if maybe you guys are in the same ward or something. Hope Spring comes for you soon!!! =]