Sunday, June 28, 2009

(Real) Gourmet Cuisine

In an effort to redeem myself after the last post titled "Gourmet Cuisine" I thought I would share our newest favorite. We like to call this Chocolate Chicken, but the original blog author at A Bountiful Kitchen calls it Texas Grilled Chicken with Lime Butter Sauce. Whatever you call it, we are sure you will call it good.

Mix together:
1 Tb brown sugar
1 Tb chili powder
1 Tb cinnamon
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 Tb vinegar (balsamic or rice vinegar)
3 Tb olive oil

Mix well, then baste onto chicken breasts right before you grill them. We have only made this on the indoor grill, but I am sure the flame broil would make it even better.

1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tb dried onions, chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 Tb cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Mix these together and drizzle over grilled chicken. I am more generous on the lime juice than the original recipe calls for, but we like the extra kick. And what a shame to just use a couple of tablespoons of fresh lime juice, when you have the whole lime just sitting there! We especially liked the butter sauce drizzled over rice--it made a quick and fresh version of the rice often called Cafe Rio Rice.

No comments: