Thursday, June 4, 2009

Four Months Old (Nine Months Big)

Last week we took David to his 4 month well baby check. It came as no surprise to us when the doc told us that he is perfect. He weighed in at a robust 16 lbs, 3 oz.

He has recently moved to size 9-months in clothes that are one-piece. (Like the little footed zipper outfits he wears to bed.) When people hear this, they say, "Oh, he must be long." Well, not necessarily. He is only measuring in the 50th percentile for length. He outgrows the sleepers when the zipper can no longer pull together the two sides over his squishy thighs and round belly.

The clothes that come in two pieces (shirt/pant sets) he wears size 6 months. Just this past week, I put away all clothes labeled with anything 3-months. While the legs were still long enough, the bands on his little jeans and pants were squeezing his belly. I figured it out when I found myself wrestling my baby into his jeans. I thought, "Wait a minute. He doesn't have to suffer through this. Let him move up a size." And so I did.

In David's four months of life, I have sorted through clothes and changed out his wardrobe five times now. That is a lot of sorting! We have gone from newborn size to size 6-9 months. I guess I mention this because I am not one that likes to sort my own wardrobe or shoes--so I find it a little tedious to change out a wardrobe every couple of weeks. But it quickly turns fun when I pull out the next size of adorable clothes for our adorable David.

3 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

You are right. No one that small should have to squish into his jeans. :) That made me smile pretty big!

Monica said...

I agree with you about the sorting of the clothes...the prize is new clothes that seem cuter because they are "new" even if they are hand-me-downs. Maybe David is pushing his tummy out so he can get new clothes...smart little fella!

Roxie said...

Look at that cute little grin! He's such a cutie.