
It has been a quiet Easter at our house. I have been given to reflection this week on the gift of mercy that we receive from our Lord, Jesus Christ. How grateful I am that He triumphed not only over death, but also over our sorrows and sins. With the happiness in my heart growing with each passing day, I think of how mercy has been extended to our family in many shapes and sizes. Our longing to be parents has been met with a tremendous gift of mercy. I learned much about the suffering and gift of Our Savior by watching a sweet angel birth mother suffer the pains of giving birth to David, and then handing to us the gift that resulted from that suffering. And she did it because she was motivated by love.
I can relate with the triumph of my sorrows in this verse of scripture where a father is teaching his son: "And oh, what a joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain! Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."
Yes, I have been blessed with a triumph of joy in my heart. And for that, this quiet Easter day has been sweet.
5 comments:
That was a beautiful post Carmin.
That's a beautiful post. It was like heaven to talk to you - I'm sorry I was stressed about my life and didn't give you my full attention. I'm so happy for you and for the joy in your life. I hope the good times always outweigh the bad. Much love!
That is a beautiful picture of you, Carm...is that one Tanya took before, or did you do more?
Carmin, you took the words right out of my mouth. That verse is perfect. All the pain is gone....Love you. Plus, you look gorge.
funny i feel the same way i just don't have your gift of prose but i still like the sentiment i do hope and pray that you guys are still enjoying David every day i enjoy the updates and look forward to more.
Post a Comment